Azienda Speciale Palaexpo is an entity operating under the municipality of Rome. Palaexpo manages a cultural programme, which currently consists of the numerous multidisciplinary activities conducted by the structures run under the entity’s aegis: Palazzo delle Esposizioni, MACRO and Mattatoio. Therefore, Azienda Speciale Palaexpo manages an integrated system of spaces and events for culture, able to reach a vast and attentive audience.
Azienda Speciale Palaexpo is setting itself the objective of creating a “Polo del contemporaneo” in the city of Rome, intended to be a place of cultural production that will foster dialogue between the most interesting organizations operating in the city and in Italy as a whole, as well as promoting interaction and the sharing of experiences with museums, research centres and universities etc. at an international level.
Embracing and expanding on the guidelines contained in the document “Polo del contemporaneo” drawn up by the Office for Cultural Growth, Azienda Speciale Palaexpo has identified the following fundamental points for their programme of activities:
- Dialogue and convergence between the different areas of culture, in particular between art and science.
- The active and experimental production of experience and knowledge.
- The value of experimentation and research in the various artistic forms.
- The importance of interdisciplinary activity.
- The importance of a developmental-educational approach as an element accompanying all forms of cultural production.
- The creation of community.
- The accessibility of knowledge.
- The importance of proposals that build “networks” and “systems”.
- The restitution of the public arena and the opportunity for the public to benefit from documentation, including online, of all the activities carried out.
Mayor: Roberto Gualtieri
Councillor for Cultural Affairs: Miguel Gotor
AZIENDA SPECIALE PALAEXPO
Board of Directors
President: Marco Delogu
Vice President: Ivana Della Portella
Francesca Barbi Marinetti
Board of Statutory Auditors
Maurizio Petrucci, President
Operations and Human Resources Director
Director for Legal Office